While I was looking for some references on Internet, I stumbled upon an old Tripod website created by Sharuzzaman, http://l10n-my.tripod.com/. The website was meant to gather all the Malaysia FOSS translation & localization project. I couldn’t remember when this website was but the scene were
- Sebol is one of the most respected BM translator in Malaysia, among his projects are Meksom (Mozilla localization) and Gabai (GNOME localization)
- Bustamam Harun was quite active with his Singa Emas project (OpenOffice.org localization), he was also an active member of Mypenguin99 mailing list and Ittutor.net/Bincang.net forum.
- Mandrake has not merged with Connectiva (current name: Mandriva) yet. I liked to use Mandrake because its Enlightenment theme was so eye-candy! Sorry, no Compiz/Beryl at that time.
- there was an initiative to port Winamp into Bahasa Malaysia – I never bothered about this project
- my friend, Najmi aka Mnajem was a UIA student while I myself was still a MMU student. If I’m not mistaken, Sharuzzaman himself was still a student at Uniten.
This is what I classified as el classico!